Friday, June 8, 2012

My Son, my Firstborn

My child had a birthday last Saturday.  He is five.  The wonder of being able to hold up an entire hand of fingers and say, "I'm five, you know."  He said he feels bigger and stronger and absolutely better about everything because he's five now... and it only happened a little while ago.

He is the brainy child.  He is my intellectual.  Watching nature all around him.  Naming all the different kinds of birds, insects, trees, flowers and fish... who ever wanted to know all those?  But he can tell you... and takes great delight in surprising you with his knowledge.

My boy wanted a superhero party.  Last year, it was a cake picnic with four different kinds of cake.  This year he wanted a strawberry cake... which turned out his favorite color:  PINK.  Adding blue piping around the edges and a Happy Birthday Jeremiah with multi-colored sprinkles and candles made it absolutely perfect.

He and his three friends ran all over the playground pretending to build a cake from sticks and sand and played house and chased each other.  Miss Elizabeth (aka.. Mrs. Spiderman) said Jeremiah could be her husband for the day.

My boy, who looks just like his Daddy and Poppy, who was induced ten days early and caused me 36 hours of labor, four hours of pushing and attempting to come out forehead first, is now five years old.

Happy birthday, Mr. Moo.

No comments:

Post a Comment